Why should you have us do your carpet cleaning?
In the past, people only cleaned their carpets when they were visibly very soiled. The common misconception was that they needed to wait as long as possible to clean their carpets because cleaning them caused them to soil quicker. The source of this missconception was that when wall to wall carpets first became popular, there were very limited ways to clean them. The most common method was to brush soaps made with coconut oil into the carpet and let it dry. This method left a sticky residue that attracted soil, and has not been used in this industry in years. We at The Carpet and Air Duct Man use truck mounted hot water extraction, or “steam cleaning”, along with the latest in detergent technology in order to clean your carpets and upholstery.
The WORKS includes shampoo, deep scrub, steam clean, and teflon protection.
Don’t fall for the competitor’s 5 rooms for $49.95. That is only for steam cleaning. We include everything in our price.
1. Health is the largest reason that everyone should have their carpets cleaned often. Dr. Michael Berry, deputy director for the National Center for Environmental Assessment, US Environmental Protection Agency, in his book, Cleaning for Health, Protecting The Built Environment, points out these seven things that deal with maintaining the indoor environment.
- Carpet acts like a filter in the indoor environment by trapping soils, gases, and human or animal dander.
- Excess build up of soils in carpet may have an adverse effect on the indoor environment.
- Soils, volatile organic compounds (VOC) and biopollutants must be removed to maintain a healthy indoor environment.
- Maximize the extraction of pollutants from the building envelope.
- Minimize chemical, particle, and moister residue.
- Minimize human exposure to pollutants.
- Properly dispose of cleaning wastes.
Studies have shown that hot water extraction is the best method of removing not only everyday soils and pollutants, but also greatly reduces the number of biopollutants in carpet and upholstery, not only because of the high heat, but because of the fact that pollutants are removed from the home to the truck and then safely and environmentally responsibly disposed of. The bottom line is that carpet needs to be cleaned when it is biologically soiled, and should not be delayed until it’s surface is soiled.
2. Asset management is a concern that most people don’t consider when having their carpets cleaned. What I mean is that carpet, on average, is a home owners third largest investment. With the average price for carpet being around $24.00 per yard, the average home has several thousand dollars in carpeting alone. Routine cleaning is recommended by the carpet manufacturers to not only maintain appearance, but to also promote a long life for the carpet. Soiling is the number one enemy and destroyer of carpets. The average piece of sand has around 25 cutting edges on it that work to degrade carpet every time it is exposed to traffic. Modern carpets are designed to hide oiling, so that by the time a carpet appears soiled on the surface, it may already be to late to reverse some of the damage.
3. Appearance cleaning is third, and unfortunately, the biggest reason that most people clean their carpets and upholstery, While dirty carpets are an embarrassing eyesore, I hope that in the above sections you have learned that cleaning only for the appearance of the carpet is not the only reason to have your carpets cleaned regularly. With the above stated facts about how modern carpets hide soils, I would also like to point out a few more facts for you. The more soiled a carpet is, the more harsh of detergents are needed to clean them. These more powerful solutions can impair the stain repellence of newer generation carpets with any kind of stain guard on them. Also some spots and spills that are on carpet may permanently damage the carpet and become permanent stains if not removed as soon as possible.